Saturday, June 6, 2009

One day to go

We will be getting up bright and early so we can get up to Sonoma by 7:30am for an 8am start time. Packing today and getting everything ready for Grandma Barb to come and stay withe kids overnight.

Hit the gym this morning for a mellow workout of 30 minutes on the bike, weight training, followed by 20+ minutes of walking on the treadmill. I'm still trying to set a goal for tomorrow's run but I've never run a 2.2 miler before s I guess I'll have to do some math and my average speeds from 5k's.

Speaking of 5k's I'm researching my next races. I'm looking at doing the Jail Run Break in Dublin next month. It's hosted by the Alameda County Sheriff's SWAT Team and benefits Special Olympics. It's a flat figure 8 course.... sounds right up my alley. Then I was looking at the Bear Creek Trail Run, close to home... but I've never done a trial run and it sounds like it is uphill and then downhill, nothing too severe they tell me. Um, this girl runs flat courses so any trail running will prove to be severe for me. If anyone has any feedback on either of these two runs, I would love to hear more.

Otherwise, wish us luck for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment