Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Overuse Injury

These are the two words I don't like to hear. While I have stumped my Sports Medicine Doctor because apparently I'm doing everything correctly (which is nice to know) his best guess is an overuse injury at the 10k. Which have been my thoughts as well so just tell me what I need to do to start running next week!

Okay, perhaps his game plan is not the same as my game plan. I am however, going to do my absolute best to listen carefully and follow his instructions because he has never let me down in the past (1 groin injury and 1 knee injury). His recipe for success calls for walking 2-3 times a week and biking 2 times a week along with a list of floor exercises that I should be doing anyway.

His thought is that by the next time I see him in 2 1/2 weeks I can start run/walk intervals. Hrmpf! Like I said, I'm going to do my best. I'll start by going for a walk right after this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment