Friday, January 29, 2010

What a Morning

You've all had those days, right? I wake up with a headache, but today is a gym day, and a run day on top of that. I take some advil and thinking I may need coffee. I don't usually have coffee prior to a workout, I normally save it as a post-workout treat. However, I was in need of some serious motivation, so I made some coffee. As I was beginning to feel like I could maybe get my butt to the gym my four year old decided it was prime time for a tantrum. Sigh, like it's not bad enough that the 1.5 year old has an ear infection and hasn't slept in days. It took quite a while to talk her down, thankfully I was already in my gym clothes, because that might have been the straw that broke the camels back. We get everyone out of the house, late of course. At this point I'm pretty sure I'm not going to run, just going to sit in the bike and read and try to decompress. Which I knew was the wrong answer, I think there was a part of me that really wanted to run, but has been discouraged by my lung capacity of late. I get to the gym and realize my i-pod is not in the diaper bag. Really? Am I really going to run without my music? Oh crap, just go run I tell myself. Much to my surprise, I ran for 20 minutes straight, with no major breathing issues. I pushed it to 6.2 at the end and even that seemed to be ok. Wow, that felt really good. What a nice surprise after weeks of disappointment.

Well, lets not get too excited here. After my strength training I wandered over to the evil stair machine. So today I only got 7 minutes in before complete and total lung anger. But I'll take it considering the nice pleasant run I got in.

No comments:

Post a Comment