Sunday, October 3, 2010

Week 3 comes to an end

I woke up this morning thinking about running 5 miles. Scott looked at me and said "I don't think that's a good idea". I thought really hard about it. My legs were feeling better, the ice bath really helped, but my arms and shoulders and other parts were pretty sore. I remembered last weekend and how it took almost all week to recover from running 2 days in a row. I made the executive decision that I would rest today and that in the end that seemed the best decision for my body. Which means no 5 miles today. Next week is the same schedule to 3.5/3.5/5 miles. I feel confident that I'll be okay with my training to miss today, I pushed my body pretty hard yesterday and I think giving it a chance to recover is a good idea.

From here on out the training schedule has no other hiccups in it, all scheduled races are to plan and are part of my training.

Week end totals:

Run: 7 miles
Bike: 26.50 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment