Monday, February 25, 2013

Catching up

Every time I think "Oh, I'm going to blog about that" and then it just never happens. Needless to say, we've been busy over here trying to fit it all in.

Over the long weekend we went to Pismo Beach and had an AMAZING time. Seriously, the California weather was perfect for a long weekend at the beach. It was such a great time that we booked a return trip.

Many beautiful sunsets were enjoyed

We'd spend all day at the pool, then the girls would take showers and put pj's on to catch the sunset

Lots of scootering along the path

We visited the beach and tide pools every morning before heading to the pool


We even all got some running in


After that it was home and business as usual. It also meant that I was going to see an increase in training with some double workout days. Which seem so much harder than if I just did the two workouts as one, but I guess that'st he idea. Finding the time to get afternoon workouts in with kids, homework, tutoring and getting dinner ready is really difficult, but I did pretty well managing it all. Not to say that I can do that all of the time. I got lucky with my husband taking Thursday off which allowed me to get a second swim in Thursday early evening. By the time Sunday rolled around I was exhausted and I do believe my family was exhausted of me and my double workouts, and I was out of sports bras.

While I'm not exactly where I had hoped to be fitness wise, I do feel like I will survive my first race of the season in two weeks. I've run the run course, so I know what to expect there. The bike course is a 5 mile loop and is unfamiliar to me, but I figure I should be able to fake it, I think.



1 comment:

  1. You will do just fine! And we will be there to cheer you on!!

    ReplyDelete