Saturday, February 2, 2013

2013 TriSports.com Champion

I am super excited to be representing TriSports.com for 2013 as a TriSports Champion! This means another year of great discounts for you! I have a new referral code for 2013, MYOX (easy to remember) and this year my referral code earns you a 15% discount, so use it lots! It's always listed in the right side of my blog if you forget what it is.

I had started my training for 2013 in late November only to be plagued with one illness after the next. Needless to say I am just picking back up on my training for the year. I may have to rethink some of my early year goals based on this (as I recover from a sinus infection) but I am confident that I can get back on track for the rest of the year.

First up is the South Bay Sprint Duathlon in Morgan Hill. I had a great time volunteering at this race last year so I thought I would give it a try this year. This will only be my second duathlon and there are a lot of super speedy folks who compete at this race. For me, this will be a race to gain experience and work on transitions and nutrition. I'm also very excited because so many friends will be there, and one of the big aspects of the sport for me is the social part!

Right after that I will be running in the Oakland Running Festival's 5k. I was so impressed with how well run the event was that I really wanted to do it again this year, and maybe next year I'll do the 1/2 marathon to get one done early in the year. In addition to that I have signed on to help the race director this year. That means you may see me at some other race expo's promoting the Oakland Running Festival! In addition to that I am looking for high school or college sports teams and clubs who would like to volunteer the day of the race as course marshal's. With three distances we need about 100 marshals out on the course. All volunteers receive t-shirts and community service credits if you need those. The race is on March 24th, please let me know if you or someone you know would be interested in volunteering.




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! Get healthy and then there is still lots of year to go :)

    ReplyDelete