Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gadgets

Lets face it, gadgets make exercise more fun! I've only used the new ForeRunner once on the road and that was on Sunday, a few things I learned. I don't like the scroll feature, I need to reset to lock it at the screen that shows 4 custom fields. The super awesome thing is getting to see elevation! It's really cool to finally see the descent and ascent of my street, I think this will come in really handy as I need to embrace hills this year if I decide to sign up for another 1/2 Marathon.

I can't figure out how to capture images on Garmin Connect to post over here but here is the summary of the run.  The super cool thing about the dynamics of my street and now having the ForeRunner is to see that I ran a nice pace of 9:20 downhill and a slow pace of 13:17 back up the hill with run/walk intervals. This information is handy to me as I try to conquer actually running the entire mile back up my street.

Summary
Overall
Time: 00:22:39
Distance: 2.00 mi
Elevation Gain: 164 ft
Calories: 195 C
Timing
Time: 00:22:39
Moving Time: 00:21:51
Elapsed Time: 00:22:39
Avg Pace: 11:18 min/mi
Avg Moving Pace: 10:54 min/mi
Best Pace: 08:18 min/mi
Speed
Pace
Elevation
Elevation Gain: 164 ft
Elevation Loss: 187 ft
Min Elevation: 528 ft
Max Elevation: 718 ft
Heart Rate
Avg HR: 167 bpm
Max HR: 180 bpm       

1 comment:

  1. Well we all know I'm a gadget ho so I'm happy you are enjoying it! :)

    If you download a free software from Zone Five Software called Sporttracks, you can import your Garmin workouts from your computer and it will make you all sorts of pretty graphs and charts AND a nice satellite map of your route that saves as a .jpg for sharing.

    ReplyDelete