Saturday, December 18, 2010

New challenges

I think it is safe to say that I have recovered from the 1/2 marathon. Immediately after my return from Las Vegas, I started a new job. Going back to work full-time has been challenging and I'm trying to find a way to balance work-outs and the family and work. So far, that means I've only been able to work out on the weekends. I work in Oakland off of Hegenberger, so it's not the safest neighborhoods and there really is no gym that is close enough to the office to make that work, so I'm just going to keep trying.

Today was my first run since the 1/2. I headed to the gym to just do an easy 2 mile run, it would have been awesome except for the pain in my left leg that finally went around 1.75 miles. I guess I'm still pretty tight. After some strength training I decided to try the Stair Master since I  need to climb 52 flights of stairs in March. I lasted 5 minutes and managed 18 flights, I think I have my work cut out for me.

I am pleased to report that my employer has closed for the two weeks until the end of the year and I can at least get some good workouts in during the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment